Chicken or Mixed Bean Enchiladas
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- ½ red and ½ green pepper cut into strips
- 1 clove garlic – finely chopped/ grated
- ½ chilli finely diced
- 1 tsp chilli powder( test for heat first before adding)
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 400g of diced chicken OR 1 x 410g cans mixed beans in water, rinsed and drained – you could add both if wished to make a larger batch.
- 1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200ml passata
- 200g natural yogurt
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 packet tortilla wraps
Put the oil into a large saucepan and fry the chicken until almost cooked throughout. (If using beans add now).
Add the onion and pepper fry for a further 2-3 mins. Add the remaining ingredients EXCEPT chilli powder. Cover and simmer for 10mins. Taste and add salt and pepper and chilli powders if required. Simmer for further 5 – 10 mins, taste again and adjust seasoning.
Making the enchiladas:
Heat the oven to 200oC, gas 6. Lay each tortilla onto a board, fill with a few large spoons of frying pan mixture, fold over the ends and roll up to seal. Place them into the ovenproof dish. Spoon any remaining mixture on top.
Pour over the yogurt and spread out evenly, top with the grated cheese. Cover with foil and bake for around 20 mins until the top is bubbling. Remove foil an allow the top to brown of finish off browning under a grill if preferred.