St Joseph’s will be running a series of English and Maths Summer School Sessions that are bookable through Head of year. Please see the email link below:
The sessions will run from 9:30 till 12:00. All the sessions will be streamed live on MS Teams and will be recorded and made available for all Year 10 students. The sessions will start with a taught lesson and finish with a Question and Answer sessions.
Wednesday 22nd July – Maths
Please join us for a session covering some vital aspects of maths. All the topics are suitable for students on both the Higher and Foundation Courses:
- Fractions – adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing (algebraic fractions)
- Standard Form – writing numbers in standard form, ordinary form
- Algebraic manipulation – simplifying, expanding brackets, factorising
- Ratio – Simplifying, sharing
- Statistics – frequency polygons, estimated mean
Wednesday 29th July – English Language
Please join us for a session covering some vital aspects of the English Language course. Looking at themes in An Inspector Calls and Priestley’s intentions- higher level thinking with a focus on A03.
Wednesday 19th August – General
Please join us for a morning of SENECA. We will be spending 30 minutes on each of the following:
Please bring your phones or alternative device.