St Joseph’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are fully committed to ensuring that consistent effective safeguarding procedures are in place to support children, families and staff at school. All concerns are passed through the members of staff who are trained as “Designated Child Protection Officers” which make up the ‘Safeguarding Team’ in school.
Here in St Joseph’s School, the ‘Safeguarding Team’ consists of:
- The Designated Safeguarding Lead: John Kinsella Assistant Head teacher
- Deputy Safeguarding Lead: Ann Brook
- Additional Safeguarding Lead: Mel. Mc Nicholas
- Designated Safeguarding Governor: Patrick Leonard
- Designated teacher for Looked after Children: Ann Brook
If you have any serious concerns about your child or any other pupil at St Joseph’s School please do not hesitate to contact ANY member of staff, who will know who to contact, or indeed direct you to for the most appropriate advice and help.
Alternatively, if it is an emergency situation you can contact the police on 999, or you can contact the Cumbria Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) on 0333 2401727