We are justly proud of our high standard of uniform at St. Joseph’s. Our expectation is that it is to be worn with dignity at all times, this includes the PE uniform.
We expect all St. Joseph’s pupils to look smart and so in addition to wearing your uniform we would ask that you pay particular attention to these four points:
- Only KS4 pupils are allowed to wear foundation (skin tone only)
NO other make-up is allowed under any circumstances.
- Only natural hair colours are acceptable.
- Unnatural hair colours eg; red, green, blue etc. or extreme hairstyles eg; shaved patterns, Mohicans, stripes, shaved No 1/non-graded cuts etc. are not acceptable.
- If earrings are worn, only one pair is acceptable and they must be small and discreet. No other body piercings are allowed.
If parents feel that they might qualify for an Essential Clothing Grant, they should apply to:
Area Education Office (Welfare Section)
- Blazer for all years. We have a school jumper which is optional – students must wear the blazer but they can wear the jumper, too.
- White blouse or shirt in polyester/cotton material (not polo type blouse), must have collar.
- School Skirt – only available through school.
- Navy dress trousers (hipsters, jeans and leggings are not allowed).
- School tie (only available through school).
- Black flat heeled leather shoes (not boots or trainers).
- Navy or white plain socks.
- Navy/pale blue Rugby shirt with a red band on the inside. (available from the school)
- Navy PE shorts or navy PE skirt/skort
- Navy polo shirt (available from the school with a school badge woven in).
- Navy football socks.
- Trainers (to be worn in PE only)
- Football Boots (only if there is a double PE Lesson)
- Navy/ Black school track trousers or leggings. Students can wear their PE kit on the PE days with their trainers. Blazer must be worn
Termtex is the company used to supply our school uniform, they visit the school towards the end of June each year, on this day parents can purchase items of uniform. Alternatively order forms are available from Reception which can be sent direct to the company or order online from the website.
It would be helpful if items of clothing were clearly marked with your child’s name. Unfortunately, school cannot accept responsibility for lost items.