We are justly proud of our high standard of uniform at St. Joseph’s. Our expectation is that it is to be worn with dignity at all times, this includes the PE uniform.
We expect all St. Joseph’s pupils to look smart and so in addition to wearing your uniform we would ask that you pay particular attention to these four points:
- Only KS4 pupils are allowed to wear foundation (skin tone only)
NO other make-up is allowed under any circumstances.
- Only natural hair colours are acceptable.
- Unnatural hair colours eg; red, green, blue etc. or extreme hairstyles eg; shaved patterns, Mohicans, stripes, shaved No 1/non-graded cuts etc. are not acceptable.
- If earrings are worn, only one pair is acceptable and they must be small and discreet. No other body piercings are allowed.
If parents feel that they might qualify for an Essential Clothing Grant, they should apply to:
Area Education Office (Welfare Section)
- NEW: September 2019: Blazers are compulsory. Blazer is available from Termtex.
- White shirt/blouse in polyester/cotton material (not polo type).
- NEW: St Joseph’s skirt which is available from our supplier or navy dress trousers (hipsters, jeans and leggings are not allowed). Trousers must skim the legs not be ‘skinny style’. Only the St Joseph skirt can be worn from September 18 for all years.
- School tie (only available through Termtex).
- From September 18: black flat heeled proper leather or leather look shoes (we currently allow leather look trainers like Converse or other brands but from September 18, this will not be the case)
- Navy or white plain socks.
- Navy or black tights
- Navy/pale blue sports shirt (order form available from the school).
- Navy PE shorts.
- Navy PE Skorts.
- Navy polo shirt (available through Termtex with a school badge woven in).
- Navy football socks.
- Trainers (to be worn in PE only)
- Football Boots (only if there is a double PE Lesson)
- Navy school track trousers worn in winter outdoors. On other occasions it must be with the teacher’s permission.
- Shorts must be brought to every lesson.
- It is important for all pupils to have a school bag to carry
Termtex is the company used to supply our school uniform, they visit the school towards the end of June each year, on this day parents can purchase items of uniform. Alternatively order forms are available from Reception which can be sent direct to the company.
It would be helpful if items of clothing were clearly marked with your child’s name. Unfortunately, school cannot accept responsibility for lost items.