St Joseph’s is a Catholic School, part of the Catholic Diocese of Lancaster
We accept applications from parents who wish their child to have a faith based education acorrding to the criteria listed in our admissions policy which is available to download below.
As a voluntary aided school, the governors are responsible for determining the admission to the school each year.
We have a planned admission number of 150 (2015) and places are allocated according to the criteria published in our policy and also in the Cumbria County Council document ‘Transfer to secondary school in Cumbria’. If the school is oversubscribed then the requests for places will be ranked in order of the published criteria and places offered up to the admission number of 150.
Further details about admissions arrangements can be found on the Local Authority website:
In order to ensure that this is a fair process we require all applictions to be accompanied by our Supplementary Form, this form should be returned directly to school marked for the attention of Mrs J Welsh, and not to the local authority.
- The deadline for applications to all Cumbria schools is 31st October 2015.
- The deadline for return Supplementary Forms to St Joseph’s is 6th November 2015.
You will be informed of your child’s secondary school via Cumbria County Council on 1st March 2016.
If you require any further information or have any questions please contact Mrs Julie Welsh at the school.
Admission into Other Year Groups
If you have a child in another year group and would like a place at St Joseph’s Catholic High School, please contact Mrs Julie Welsh.
If you are offered a place at St Joseph’s you will be asked to supply the following:
- A copy your son/daughters latest school report
- Copies of CATS and SATS results
- A full list of GCSE subjects being taken including exam boards (if applying for a place in Years 10 or 11)
- Name, address, phone number, fax number and name of Head of Year of current school
Updated September 2018.
- Link to Admissions Policy
- Link to Supplementary Evidence Sheet