* St. Josephs are currently reviewing and updating their work in careers. New information will follow shortly. *
The Careers Team is led by Mr Hughes with support from Miss McManaman and Miss Jameson.
- Careers Newsletter Spring 2023
- Careers Newsletter Autumn 2022
- Careers Newsletter Spring 2022
- Careers Newsletter Autumn 2021
Here at St Joseph’s we are committed to delivering high quality impartial careers information, advice and guidance to all of our students. Our aim is to equip our students with the knowledge and skills to enable them to make effective choices, understand their career and progression routes, and enable them to manage smooth transitions on to the next stage of learning or work.
- Each year group follow a careers education program which aims to raise aspiration and provide pupils with a clear understanding of the various options and pathways available to the in order to help them achieve their goals.
- Throughout their time at St Joseph’s students will take part in a wide variety of activities to include College and University visits, word ready days, mock interviews and have the opportunity to attend a number of industry specific talks from local business people.
- Want to help your child in YEAR 9 to choose their GCSEs? This website provides some useful information about their subject choices and how they may effect future career choices. https://university.which.co.uk/advice/gcse-choices-university/how-important-are-gcse-choices-when-it-comes-to-university
- Parents of YEAR 11 students may find this information on the jump from GCSE to A Levels useful
Useful resources for parents:
Find our more about T Levels – T Levels | The Next Level Qualification
CASCAID eBook: This guide is designed to provide an overview of how parents can help support their children with important career choices.
Careers referral form If you feel that your child needs some specific careers information, advice or guidance, complete this form and email to email@example.com” – and link the attached document
You can also ask your child about our careers software package “Start” which they can access via our website, all students have been shown how to use this program to find careers which may suit them.
All students in year 10 complete a week of work experience. Students work in a range of settings covering a wide range of career areas including engineering, teaching, accountancy, law, computer programming and sport & leisure. Students always enjoy this experience where they were able to develop new transferable skills and again a better understanding of the world of work.
Careermap is an online career resource that provides live post-16 opportunities, such as apprenticeship vacancies, college courses, university and graduate options. We also offer career advice and guidance so young people can make well-informed decisions to enhance their futures! Check out 1000’s of live opportunities here.